Forum: Ruby on Rails Migration commands -- create a SQL Server production DB?

Doug L. (Guest)
on 2006-03-27 19:14
Hallo -- could anyone tell me how I use Migrations (which my existing
development schema is implemented with) to create the production
database for deployment?
The target DB is a SQL Server database -- I don't know if that's an
issue -- I seem to remember reading that SQL Server is supported now.
Oh, yeah -- SQL Server was *not* my choice!
But what I seem totally unable to find is a list of the commands that
script/migrate accepts.
Cheers,
   doug.
Dorian M. (Guest)
> But what I seem totally unable to find is a list of the commands that
> script/migrate accepts.

http://api.rubyonrails.com/classes/ActiveRecord/Mi...

dorian

--
I do things for love or money
Doug L. (Guest)

# rake db_schema_import â?? imports the schema dumped using db_schema_dump
# rake migrate â?? migrates a database to the current version
# rake migrate VERSION={X} â?? migrates a database to a specific version
# rake environment RAILS_ENV=production migrate â?? migrates the
production database to the current version
# rake schema_generator â?? products a .SQL file for each supported
database platform (not everything is currently supported)

This is about as much detail as I have been able to find.
I guess I'll go ahead & experiment with this, but I was hoping that
somewhere there might be a guide to running migrations (or maybe a rake
in rails guide?) that would explain it all in detail to me, so that I
could have a little more confidence in what I'm doing.
It's all good learnin', anyhow...
Cheers again,
   doug.