Forum: Ruby on Rails dispatch.fcgi hanging after lighttpd shutdown

Manuel H. (Guest)
Hi.

I'm using RoR 1.0 with FastCGI and lighttpd on a Debian 3.1 box. I
have configured lighttpd to do adaptive spawning of the FastCGI
processes.

However, after shutting down lighttpd the FastCGI processes remain
running.

Did this problem occur to anyone of you? Is there a fix?

I'd be really grateful for every answer.

Regards,

Manuel H.
Berlin B. (Guest)
Manuel H. wrote:

> I'd be really grateful for every answer.
>
> Regards,
>
> Manuel H.

I had the same issue on my ubuntu box (which I believe uses similar deb
intalls).  I had many hang-ups on the software I installed using
apt-get.  I havent found a solution.  I was also using an older version
of lighttpd.

--
Berlin B.
(ramaza3 on freenode)
Manuel H. wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm using RoR 1.0 with FastCGI and lighttpd on a Debian 3.1 box. I
> have configured lighttpd to do adaptive spawning of the FastCGI
> processes.
>
> However, after shutting down lighttpd the FastCGI processes remain
> running.
>
> Did this problem occur to anyone of you? Is there a fix?
>
> I'd be really grateful for every answer.
>
> Regards,
>
> Manuel H.

Hi Manuel - I haven't found out why they hang.. but in the meantime, do
a kill all on them like this:

ps aux | grep yourappname | egrep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' | xargs
kill -9

Replace the "yourappname" with whatever shows up in your dispatch.fcgi
process when you do ps -ef

Dave