Forum: Ruby rsync on rubyforge?

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
on 2006-03-27 03:58
(Received via mailing list)
Has anyone been able to rsync to their project dir on rubyforge? I get
the following error message:

protocol version mismatch -- is your shell clean?
(see the rsync man page for an explanation)
rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) at compat.c(64)

There was some discussion last year about whether rubyforge would
support rsync or not, so maybe support is just not there. If it is
supported, then I've got something configured wrong (doubtful: I use
rsync to several other servers).
Tom C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-28 06:07
(Received via mailing list)
On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 08:58 +0900, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> rsync to several other servers).
Hi Joel -

Yup, right now we don't allow rsync to RubyForge.  Gavin S. asked
for this in the distant past:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail...

So much to do, so little time... but anyhow, we do allow SFTP, so that
might be workable for you.

Yours,

Tom
unknown (Guest)
on 2006-03-28 06:17
(Received via mailing list)
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Tom C. wrote:

>> supported, then I've got something configured wrong (doubtful: I use
> So much to do, so little time... but anyhow, we do allow SFTP, so that
> might be workable for you.
>
> Yours,
>
> Tom

what i really really want is a way to do

   scp -r here/ rubyforge:there/

and, if there are gems in here/ they will be noticed.  is this possible?

regards.

-a
Tom C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-29 19:00
(Received via mailing list)
On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 11:17 +0900, removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:
> what i really really want is a way to do
>
>    scp -r here/ rubyforge:there/
>
> and, if there are gems in here/ they will be noticed.  is this possible?

Hi Ara -

Hm... and you're wanting those gems to be included in the gem index, is
that right?

Yours,

tom
unknown (Guest)
on 2006-03-29 19:09
(Received via mailing list)
On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Tom C. wrote:

> that right?
>
> Yours,
>
> tom

yup.  tall order i know ;-)

-a
Tom C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-29 19:34
(Received via mailing list)
On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 00:06 +0900, removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:
> > Hm... and you're wanting those gems to be included in the gem index, is
> > that right?
> >
> > Yours,
> >
> > tom
>
> yup.  tall order i know ;-)

Heh, yeah, kind of tricky.  Hm.  Have to noodle on that one a bit...

Yours,

Tom
unknown (Guest)
on 2006-03-29 19:49
(Received via mailing list)
On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Tom C. wrote:

> Heh, yeah, kind of tricky.  Hm.  Have to noodle on that one a bit...
>
> Yours,
>
> Tom

don't worry too much.  it's easy to do from the client side using my
rubyforge
script.

btw.  one of the things that's really hard about that script is that i
cannot
easily get info about the account - the ids of things like release,
files,
etc.  is there any infomational page i could hit or a web service to get
that
info?  i'd love it if there were a yaml page one could grab that
exported the
metadata about one's account...  so

   data = YAML::load(curl_down_account_page)

   data['releases'].each do |release, release_id|
     ...
   end

make sense?

regards.


-a
Tom C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-31 07:57
(Received via mailing list)
On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 00:47 +0900, removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:
> don't worry too much.  it's easy to do from the client side using my rubyforge
> script.

Cool, OK, sounds good.

>    end
>
> make sense?

Hm, yup.  There is a SOAP service, although I can't say I've used it:

http://rubyforge.org/soap/

Maybe that can yield up some good results?

Yours,

Tom
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.