Forum: Ruby Which Rails book is good?

unknown (Guest)
Any suggestions on which book for Rails is better (I have no prior

experience in Rails, though I've done lots of web development in
Perl/Ruby and MySQL):

Ruby on Rails: Up and Running: Rough Cuts Version
from O'Reilly

Agile Web D. with Rails : A Pragmatic Guide (The Facets of
Ruby Series)
from the Pragmatic Programmers
Martin (Guest)
Agile Web D. with Rails was very well written in my opinion,
but I haven't read any of the other books.
john peter (Guest)
Is Ruby on Rails from O'Reilly out already? I thought it won't be
released
until July. The Agile Web D. book is pretty good.  Given that
the author of Ruby on Rails is also a famous one (Bruce Tate), it should
be good. (I've read Bruce Tate's other works so I'm looking forward to
this
one as well)

removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote: Any suggestions on which book for
Rails
is better (I have no prior

experience in Rails, though I've done lots of web development in
Perl/Ruby and MySQL):

Ruby on Rails: Up and Running: Rough Cuts Version
from O'Reilly

Agile Web D. with Rails : A Pragmatic Guide (The Facets of
Ruby Series)
from the Pragmatic Programmers
unknown (Guest)
> Is Ruby on Rails from
> O'Reilly out already?

Not in paper form, but O'Reilly is selling the PDF version on their
website (which will be updated as they refine it).
ngw (Guest)
removed_email_address@domain.invalid <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> from the Pragmatic Programmers
The one I prefer actually is Ruby for Rails
(http://manning.com/books/black).

  ngw