Forum: Ruby Brazilian Portuguese Ruby Book

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Eustáquio R. (Guest)
on 2006-03-25 17:06
(Received via mailing list)
Hi there!

I released a Brazilian Portuguese Ruby book, hope that
it helps spreading the language. :-)
Here is the publisher's book URL:

http://www.brasport.com.br/index.php?Escolha=8&Liv...

It's my first book and it's on pre-order right now,
will be released next April 5 (and April 6 is my
birthday, wow!). :-)

Best regards,
Justin B. (Guest)
on 2006-03-25 20:06
(Received via mailing list)
For some reason that is just too cool. I wish I could read it :(

Here's to strong sales!

On 3/25/06, Eustaquio Rangel de Oliveira J 
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT (Guest)
on 2006-03-26 17:41
(Received via mailing list)
At Sun, 26 Mar 2006 00:06:01 +0900, Eustaquio Rangel de Oliveira J
wrote:
> I released a Brazilian Portuguese Ruby book, hope that it helps
> spreading the language. :-)

Added to http://rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyBookList

I think I should clean up that page a bit but I'd prefer to do that
under my real name. Up to now that fails - I always end up with some
strange message about UserID 111 :-|

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
Eustáquio R. (Guest)
on 2006-03-26 18:28
(Received via mailing list)
Hi Josef!

> Added to http://rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyBookList

I checked there but did not found it, so I edited the
page, thanks for the tip! :-)

Best regards,
Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT (Guest)
on 2006-03-26 20:26
(Received via mailing list)
At Sun, 26 Mar 2006 23:28:31 +0900,
Eustaquio Rangel de Oliveira J wrote:
>
> Hi Josef!
>
> > Added to http://rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyBookList
>
> I checked there but did not found it, so I edited the
> page, thanks for the tip! :-)

This is really alien. When I visit the page I

a) see my addition and
b) don't see yours

Could anybody else please check this page as well?

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
Logan C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-27 03:25
(Received via mailing list)
On Mar 26, 2006, at 11:26 AM, Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT wrote:

> This is really alien. When I visit the page I
> URL: http://qurl.net/ua (try http://qurl.net/u9 when down)
> IS:  Current status of German c.l.r FAQ rewrite
>

One of you is probably in the spam tarpit
Eustáquio R. (Guest)
on 2006-03-27 03:45
(Received via mailing list)
> This is really alien. When I visit the page I
>
> a) see my addition and
> b) don't see yours

Weird!

> One of you is probably in the spam tarpit

Ouch! And I keep seeing my changes and not the Josef's.
Jim W. (Guest)
on 2006-03-27 03:49
Logan C. wrote:
> On Mar 26, 2006, at 11:26 AM, Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT wrote:
>
>> This is really alien. When I visit the page I
>> URL: http://qurl.net/ua (try http://qurl.net/u9 when down)
>> IS:  Current status of German c.l.r FAQ rewrite
>>
>
> One of you is probably in the spam tarpit

At least one person editing the RubyBookList page is using
dsl.telesp.net.br as an IP provider.

At some point in the past, someone from dsl.telesp.net.br spammed the
Ruby Garden Home page and earned an explicit entry in the ban list.
I've reviewed the log and it seems that there is no recent spam from
that IP provider, so I'll remove it from the ban list.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  If anyone else is having strange problems
with stuff mysteriously disappearing, you too might be stuck in the
tarpit.  In most cases, setting up an explicit user name in the
preferences link at the bottom of each page is enough to escape the
tarpit.  In some cases where you are unlucky enough to share an IP
provider with a spammer, you might be in the explicit ban list.  In that
case, feel free to contact me with any questions.

So, is the tarpit working?  Just some stats over the last month:

Number of legit wiki updates: 222
Number of spam attacks:       704

So, the spam attacks are still over 3 times the legit traffic.
Fortunately, most of the attacks are directed to the tarpit.  I've spent
very little time lately doing any wiki cleanup and it looks as few
others have either.  The tarpit seems to be doing its job.

--
-- Jim W.
Eustáquio R. (Guest)
on 2006-03-27 04:21
(Received via mailing list)
Hi Jim.

> At least one person editing the RubyBookList page is
> using
> dsl.telesp.net.br as an IP provider.

Me. :-)

> I've reviewed the log and it seems that there is no
> recent spam from
> that IP provider, so I'll remove it from the ban
> list.

Seems that they are with more control about some
spammers right now.

> Sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem. :-)

> The tarpit seems to be doing
> its job.

Cool!
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.