Forum: Ruby on Rails the textilize method

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Stewart M. (Guest)
on 2006-03-25 14:27
I saw the guy in the 15 min blog video calling a method called textilize
however when i call it rails says it cant find this method. Is this
somehting extra i have to install to ruby... like a gem or somehting
Robert MannI (Guest)
on 2006-03-25 14:32
(Received via mailing list)
Yes, go to command line, and on windows type:

gem install redcloth

on Unix/Linux/OS X type:

sudo gem install redcloth


Then restart your development server, and you should be ready to go.
Stewart M. (Guest)
on 2006-03-25 15:11
Robert MannI wrote:
> Yes, go to command line, and on windows type:
>
> gem install redcloth
>
> on Unix/Linux/OS X type:
>
> sudo gem install redcloth
>
>
> Then restart your development server, and you should be ready to go.

thanks for that one Robert, it works fine now... just a question

what does the "sudo" part of the command do?
Wiebe C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-25 15:13
Stewart M. wrote:
> just a question
>
> what does the "sudo" part of the command do?

It makes you root (superuser). It should have asked for a password,
except if you were already root.
Stewart M. (Guest)
on 2006-03-25 15:15
Wiebe C. wrote:
> Stewart M. wrote:
>> just a question
>>
>> what does the "sudo" part of the command do?
>
> It makes you root (superuser). It should have asked for a password,
> except if you were already root.

ah i see thanks for that wiebe yes i was already the root use so it did
not matter
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.