Forum: Ruby on Rails Chinese characters in the title

Frank (Guest)
Dear experts,

  In my application,

  Chinese characters work great in the body of the page. However, in the
title, they appear as boxes instead of something like " ²â���Ð�� ".

  I also noticed CNET having the same issue:
  http://www.cnetnews.com.cn/news/net/story/0,380005...

  So my question to experts here is that is it possible to show Chinese
characters properly in the title?

  Thanks
  Frank

Want to read my Pro Rails book or Pro Server Management book? Become a
beta reader now. Write me to learn more.

Rails Blog: http://railsruby.blogspot.com
MySQL Blog: http://mysqldatabaseadministration.blogspot.com
Linux / Security Blog: http://frankmash.blogspot.com
Programming One Liners: http://programming-oneliners.blogspot.com
Sky Y. (Guest)
on 2006-03-25 00:19
I don't see any problem of CNET Chinese title in my firefox under XP
English version.

Frank wrote:

>   I also noticed CNET having the same issue:
>   http://www.cnetnews.com.cn/news/net/story/0,380005...

Frank (Guest)
Thanks Sky for your reply.

  Do you see boxes on the title of  this URL?
  http://blogs.adoppt.com/blog/yang/-20

  Frank

Sky Y. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:  I don't see any problem of

Frank wrote:

>   I also noticed CNET having the same issue:
>   http://www.cnetnews.com.cn/news/net/story/0,380005...

Want to read my Pro Rails book or Pro Server Management book? Become a
beta reader now. Write me to learn more.

Rails Blog: http://railsruby.blogspot.com
MySQL Blog: http://mysqldatabaseadministration.blogspot.com
Linux / Security Blog: http://frankmash.blogspot.com
Programming One Liners: http://programming-oneliners.blogspot.com
Alex Y. (Guest)
Frank wrote:
> Thanks Sky for your reply.
>
> Do you see boxes on the title of  this URL?
> http://blogs.adoppt.com/blog/yang/-20
Looks fine to me (no boxes) - Firefox and Epiphany on Ubuntu 5.10.