Forum: Ruby drb connection reset

Doug D. (Guest)
on 2006-03-24 17:11
Does anyone know what it means when DRb throws an error saying
"connection reset by peer"?  I have looked through the ruby code for DRb
and cannot find where this is thrown.
Ross B. (Guest)
On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 00:12 +0900, Doug doug wrote:
> Does anyone know what it means when DRb throws an error saying
> "connection reset by peer"?  I have looked through the ruby code for DRb
> and cannot find where this is thrown.

I think it usually means the other end hung up on you. Maybe there's a
firewall in the way, or some kind of traffic management going on?