Forum: Ruby on Rails Gem doesn't update rails ...

John N. Alegre (Guest)
lists@libros:~> gem update rails -include-dependencies
Upgrading installed gems...
Attempting remote upgrade of rails
Attempting remote installation of 'rails'
Successfully installed rails-1.0.0
Gems: [rails] updated
lists@libros:~> which rails
/usr/local/bin/rails
lists@libros:~> rails -v
Rails 1.0.0

Is this because the 1.1 is still beta or am I doing something wrong?

john
Alan F. (Guest)
on 2006-03-24 17:38
John N. Alegre wrote:
> lists@libros:~> gem update rails -include-dependencies
> Upgrading installed gems...
> Attempting remote upgrade of rails
> Attempting remote installation of 'rails'
> Successfully installed rails-1.0.0
> Gems: [rails] updated
> lists@libros:~> which rails
> /usr/local/bin/rails
> lists@libros:~> rails -v
> Rails 1.0.0
>
> Is this because the 1.1 is still beta or am I doing something wrong?
>
> john

Yes.   It's still beta.  To get the beta gem add

--source http://gems.rubyonrails.org/

to the end of the gem command
John N. Alegre (Guest)
On Friday 24 March 2006 09:38, Alan F. wrote:
> Yes.   It's still beta.  To get the beta gem add
>
> --source http://gems.rubyonrails.org/
>
> to the end of the gem command

So then when it is no longer beta gem upgrade rails will do it?

john
Alan F. (Guest)
on 2006-03-24 18:33
John N. Alegre wrote:
> On Friday 24 March 2006 09:38, Alan F. wrote:
>> Yes.   It's still beta.  To get the beta gem add
>>
>> --source http://gems.rubyonrails.org/
>>
>> to the end of the gem command
>>
> So then when it is no longer beta gem upgrade rails will do it?
>
> john

Yup.   Although the team would love you to try the beta and report any
bugs :-)

A.