Libxsl-Ruby 0.3.6

Gems: gem install libxsl-ruby
Download: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=495
Docs: http://libxsl.rubyforge.org/

Brief description:

Libxsl-Ruby provides libxslt bindings for Ruby. libxslt is a very fast
XSLT engine based on libxml2 (the XML C library developed for the Gnome
project). See Home · Wiki · GNOME / libxslt · GitLab for more information.

Libxsl-Ruby builds on (and requires) Libxml-Ruby
(http://libxml-rubyforge.org). If not downloading via gems you will need
to install libxml-ruby before use.

This is part of an ongoing effort to revive the Libxml/Libxsl-Ruby
projects with the help of original author Sean C…

A hearty CONGRATS! I’m very glad to see these libs blossom and I’m also
glad to Sean active again behind them. Great work!

The XML Arab,
T.

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 22:28 +0900, Trans wrote:

A hearty CONGRATS! I’m very glad to see these libs blossom and I’m also
glad to Sean active again behind them. Great work!

Thanks, Trans. We’re pretty happy to have a release of both libs out
now, and have gotten some interesting feedback already so things are
looking pretty good :slight_smile:

I’m glad I volunteered, it’s been a great way for me to learn the Ruby/C
API.

This looks extremely useful, thanks so much.

Any plans to include the underlying libxml2 stuff in the gem (if that
kind
of thing can be done with gems)

“Ross B.” [email protected] wrote in message
news:[email protected]

On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 00:33 +0900, itsme213 wrote:

Any plans to include the underlying libxml2 stuff in the gem (if that kind
of thing can be done with gems)

Not at present, we’re maintaining libxml-ruby and libxsl-ruby as
separate projects, though the libxsl-ruby gem should offer to install
libxml-ruby if you don’t have it already.

“Ross B.” [email protected] wrote in message

Any plans to include the underlying libxml2 stuff in the gem (if that
kind
of thing can be done with gems)

Not at present, we’re maintaining libxml-ruby and libxsl-ruby as
separate projects, though the libxsl-ruby gem should offer to install
libxml-ruby if you don’t have it already.

I meant the libxml2 stuff, one level further removed (so perhaps my
question
is more about including it in the libxml-ruby gem).

On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 07:23 +0900, itsme213 wrote:

is more about including it in the libxml-ruby gem).
Ahh, I see. I don’t think it’s something we’ll do, libxml2 has it’s own
dependencies and configuration and would probably not fit well bundled
in a gem…