Forum: Ruby on Rails Expiring cached actions outside of ActionController

Ross Karchner (Guest)
In the site I'm building, my models are *almost* never updated within
ActionController-- all new data comes in via command line scripts
manipulating ActiveRecord directly.

Can anyone offer any hints about expiring cached actions without
Sweeper?

-Ross
Tom F. (Guest)
Check out this plugin -
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/Action+Cac...

Point 6 - setting a Time To Live - allows you to expire the cached
actions
by time without needing a sweeper
Ross Karchner (Guest)
On 2006-03-24 02:50:33 -0500, "Tom F."
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid> said:

> Check out this plugin -
> http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/Action+Cac...
>
> Point 6 - setting a Time To Live - allows you to expire the cached actions
> by time without needing a sweeper

Perfect! This is exactly what I need.

The conditional-get features (if not the time_to_live stuff as well)
ought to be considered for core, especially given 1.1's focus on more
intelligent HTTP.

(Although, don't delay 1.1 for it ;)

-Ross
http://rossnotes.com