Forum: Ruby on Rails Using Tags in Applications

David Andrew T. (Guest)
I've been contemplating the utilization of "tags" functionality for
categorizing records in my application. For example, a record can have
any tag associated with them: volunteer, donor, phone_caller, etc.
(Much like delicious)

Has anyone already laid out a good architecture for implementing this
on the DB, or other medium? I'm sure I can custom build something, but
why re-invent the wheel. ;)

Thanks. Dave

> I've been contemplating the utilization of "tags" functionality for
> categorizing records in my application. For example, a record can have
> any tag associated with them: volunteer, donor, phone_caller, etc.
> (Much like delicious)
>
> Has anyone already laid out a good architecture for implementing this
> on the DB, or other medium? I'm sure I can custom build something, but
> why re-invent the wheel. ;)

Like this?

http://taggable.rubyforge.org/
David Andrew T. (Guest)
Exactly what I'm looking for James. Thanks!

On 3/23/06, James L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Like this?
>
> http://taggable.rubyforge.org/

David Andrew T.