Forum: Ruby on Rails Dirt simple .rcss templates

Josh S. (Guest)
There was some discussion on this list recently about doing .rcss
templates in Rails using a custom template handler.  I've come up
with a very simple way to support rcss without a handler.  Turns out
all it takes is a route and an action that calls render(:file...).  I
put a full write-up on my blog earlier today:

http://blog.hasmanythrough.com/articles/2006/03/23...
templates

Of course if anyone sees a simpler way to accomplish this, I'm all
ears...

--josh
http://blog.hasmanythrough.com
Marcel Molina Jr. (Guest)
Josh S. (Guest)
on 2006-03-24 01:15
Marcel Molina Jr. wrote:
> Are you familiar with this?
> http://lunchroom.lunchboxsoftware.com/articles/200...
> http://lunchroom.lunchboxsoftware.com/articles/200...
> http://lunchroom.lunchboxsoftware.com/articles/200...

http://lunchroom.lunchboxsoftware.com/articles/200...
> http://lunchroom.lunchboxsoftware.com/articles/200...

Yes, I discovered that in my investigations. But I wanted something that
a designer could use so I didn't want to go with the Builder-style
syntax. ERb is simple enough for someone who is coming from HTML/CSS/PHP
land, but I don't want to drop yet another new syntax on a designer.
Regular CSS with ERb is pretty much ideal for my needs.

Now, how many different things called RCSS are there already? And how
many will there be eventually? :-)

--josh
http://blog.hasmanythrough.com