Forum: Ruby ANN: Greasemonkey script for adding index to api documentati

Lachie (Guest)
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/3633

I'm shortsighted. I turn the fonts up to 11. I invest in large,
expensive LCD screens.

So after a long time of squinting at http://api.rubyonrails.org,
fumbling for the tiny scrollbar to find my favourite method (who knew
writing lots of code could harm the ergonomy?), I finally snapped and
wrote a Greasemonkey user script to help me out.

* works for the old-skool rdoc template (eg. http://ruby-doc.org/core)
as well as Jamis'.
* has special support for http://api.rubyonrails.org Act* classes.
* is pretty flexible for the upgrading and improving.

- I've only tried it on Firefox 1.5. Perhaps I'll have a look at
getting it going on Creammonkey (which I first heard of yesterday :)

Hope you find it useful
Lachie
Adam K. (Guest)
On Mar 23, 2006, at 4:43 PM, Lachie wrote:
> So after a long time of squinting at http://api.rubyonrails.org,
> fumbling for the tiny scrollbar to find my favourite method (who knew
> writing lots of code could harm the ergonomy?), I finally snapped and
> wrote a Greasemonkey user script to help me out.
>
> * works for the old-skool rdoc template (eg. http://ruby-doc.org/core)
> as well as Jamis'.
> * has special support for http://api.rubyonrails.org Act* classes.
> * is pretty flexible for the upgrading and improving.

I like it!  Thanks for sending the link.