Forum: Rails Engines Cannot Sign-up

Kevin C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-23 21:07
I have been implementing the login_engine on a i386 and a Mac for two
different projects.  Using the 305 build of the engine and login_engine
I finally have my mac working but the i386 doesn't actually write to the
database when I try to signup.  I click submit and the page just
refreshes.

I am using Rails 1.0.  Some issues I have had along the way, on both
machines, is running rake.  running rake from
myproject/vendor/plugins/login_engin somehow doesn't work because rake
says it is running in myproject.  I copied the schema to the myproject
db dir and the database seemed to get created just fine.

Also, on the i386 login chocked on the layout/application.rhtml <%=
engine_stylesheet 'login_engine' %>.  Before I started using trunk this
did not error.  So I removed it and can sign in now.

Any help would be great.
Kevin C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-24 17:18
Clarification.  I still cannot sign in.  I can get to the sign up page
now though.
Steve K. (Guest)
on 2006-03-28 00:49
I have both login_ and user_engine running and I've always run rake from
my project's directory. Even when doing a rake engine_migrate, do it
from "myproject". Is there a special reason you're running rake from the
plugin's directory, like to apply customizations to the engine's core?

Or do I not understand?