Forum: Ruby on Rails validates_dateness_of ?

Jeff J. (Guest)
on 2006-03-23 16:22
Hello all.

I don't suppose some enterprising soul with much more skill than me has
whipped up a "validates_dateness_of" (Complete with leap year
calculations) method for use with all the other validation methods and
wishes to spread much much joy?

Cheers

Jeff "I can barely code RoR and rely on others to do the hard work"
Jones
ChrisT (Guest)
Think this is what you're looking for:
http://svn.viney.net.nz/things/rails/plugins/valid...
<http://svn.viney.net.nz/things/rails/plugins/valid...

Haven't used it but seems to do that and more

Chris T
Jeff J. (Guest)
on 2006-03-23 23:38
ChrisT wrote:
> Think this is what you're looking for:
> http://svn.viney.net.nz/things/rails/plugins/valid...
> <http://svn.viney.net.nz/things/rails/plugins/valid...
>
> Haven't used it but seems to do that and more
>
> Chris T

Excellent! My lazy self thanks you for the directions.

Jeff
Jonathan V. (Guest)
Yeah, validates_date_time will probably do what you're after. I'd be
interested in your feedback from using it. Any thoughts? Improvements?
Problems?

-Jonathan.
Tom T. (Guest)
Jonathan V. wrote:
> Yeah, validates_date_time will probably do what you're after. I'd be
> interested in your feedback from using it. Any thoughts? Improvements?
> Problems?

Does it validate both Date and Time together? A datetime field in MySQL
for example.

Thanks!

Tom
Jonathan V. (Guest)
At the moment it does date and time separately. That's simply because
I haven't needed to validate a datetime input on a form yet. Feel free
to write patch if you like!

-Jonny.