Forum: Ruby on Rails Relatively easy HTML/XML parsing utilities?

Wes G. (Guest)
on 2006-03-22 22:22
Anyone know of any Ruby modules which can be used to parse an HTML page
?

Thanks,
Wes
Charlie B. (Guest)
Sure, try the net/http module.  You can see a very brief demonstration
it's use over at my blog.

http://www.recentrambles.com/pragmatic/view/34

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 21:22 +0100, Wes G. wrote:

> Anyone know of any Ruby modules which can be used to parse an HTML page
> ?
>
> Thanks,
> Wes

Charlie B.
Programmer
Castle Branch Inc.
Ezra Z. (Guest)
On Mar 22, 2006, at 12:22 PM, Wes G. wrote:

> Anyone know of any Ruby modules which can be used to parse an HTML
> page
> ?
>
> Thanks,
> Wes

	For this your best bet is probably RubyfulSoup. Its pretty liberal
with malformed html.

Cheers-
-Ezra Z.
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
http://yakimaherald.com
509-577-7732
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Wes G. (Guest)
on 2006-03-22 22:40
Ezra,

Thanks.  Searching semantics easier than XPath?  We'll see....I will
take a look at it.

Wes