Forum: Ruby on Rails Which JavaScript effect is this?

Jordan I. (Guest)
on 2006-03-22 19:42
http://canadaonrails.com/ (when you hover over news and events)

I've seen this implemented on a few rails sites now and I was just
wondering if it is just a simple javascript from the prototype library.
Does anybody know of any links on how to do this?

Thanks in advance!
Wes Garrison (Guest)
This is an Effect.Blinddown called from the onmouseover event.
It's in the scriptaculous library.

See ActionView::Helpers::ScriptaculousHelper in the api.

  -- Wes

On 3/22/06, Jordan I. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

    -- Wes
Jordan I. (Guest)
on 2006-03-22 21:47
Thanks Wes.  I knew it had to be one of those...

Jordan

Wes Garrison wrote:
> This is an Effect.Blinddown called from the onmouseover event.
> It's in the scriptaculous library.
>
> See ActionView::Helpers::ScriptaculousHelper in the api.
>
>   -- Wes
>
> On 3/22/06, Jordan I. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>>

> --
>
>     -- Wes
Ben M. (Guest)
Nate Brown, the organizer of Canada on Rails and creator of this
*excellent* site, is on
this list... Nate, do you have a sec to tell Jordan about the "News and
Events" slide-down
panel?

PS: I feel compelled to point out that I've never responded to a post on
any list by
asking someone else to take the time to post, but this is a very cool
effect and the first
time I've seen it anywhere.... I'm extremely intrigued.