Forum: Ruby on Rails Something wrong with content_columns

Dattatraya G. (Guest)
I have a database with a couple of tables. One table called spares has
foreign keys in another called equipment. When I create a new record,
it is added to the spares table however the list action does not show
all the columns in the table. It only shows those columns that are not
foreign keys. I am using the default action generated by scaffold for
list.

Why is that so? Do i need to re-write my own code for the view?

Thanks in advance

--
Dattatraya
Emin H. (Guest)

*content_columns*()

Returns an array of column objects where the primary id, all columns
ending
in "_id" or "_count", and columns used for single table inheritance have
been removed.
Dattatraya G. (Guest)
Oh.. so how do I get to display them?

Where can I find a reference to this behaviour so that I dont ask
stupid questions before checking in the right places?

Thanks

Dattatraya

On 3/22/06, Emin H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

Dattatraya
Wes Garrison (Guest)
The api is a great resource for functions.
http://api.rubyonrails.com

If you're using edge rails, you can build the latest documentation on
your
local machine so you've got the latest documentation to go with the
latest
features.

Use:
rake doc:rails
It will put the docs in your /doc folder. If you're using subversion,
you
might want to ignore that folder and its contents.

To answer your questions, there's a function in ActiveRecord called
columns() that returns the columns including the _id fields.
http://api.rubyonrails.com/classes/ActiveRecord/Ba...

  -- Wes