Forum: Ruby on Rails render partial from withit mail template

Jeroen H. (Guest)

I'm trying to include a partial in an email template but it throws me
this:

undefined method `controller_path' for SupportMailer:Class

Extracted source (around line #12):

11:
12: <%= render :partial => 'footer' %>

I guess email views are a little different from normal ones as they
don't seem to have a access to a proper controller (?)

is there a quick way around this?

Jeroen
Agnieszka F. (Guest)
on 2006-03-22 16:34
Jeroen H. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to include a partial in an email template but it throws me
> this:
>
> undefined method `controller_path' for SupportMailer:Class
>
> Extracted source (around line #12):
>
> 11:
> 12: <%= render :partial => 'footer' %>
>
> I guess email views are a little different from normal ones as they
> don't seem to have a access to a proper controller (?)
>
> is there a quick way around this?
>
> Jeroen

try '../controller/template'

--
Agnieszka F.
Jeroen H. (Guest)
Agnieszka F. wrote:
>> 11:

But what if the footer is in /views/support_mailer ?
Jeroen H. (Guest)
Jeroen H. wrote:

>> try '../controller/template'
>>

> But what if the footer is in /views/support_mailer ?

Ah this seems to do the trick: <%= render :partial => "./footer" %>

Jeroen
Stephen B. (Guest)
I've set my mailman prefs so I should be receiving my own mail from
the maillist however it doesn't come through. I am using gmail and
getting my mail with a POP client. Has anybody else had this problem?
Stephen B. (Guest)
On this page: http://dev.rubyonrails.org/newticket theres is a very
good suggestion that I see if the bug I am reporting is already
described and 'Use the search to look for keywords or investigate the
lists.'.

However I can't easily find a way to do this on this page or on the
pages this page links to.

I have a feeling this is a stupid question and I must be missing
something obvious ... hmmm.

Would be nice to have either a search field or a link to a search on
this page.
Alex Y. (Guest)
Stephen B. wrote:
> I've set my mailman prefs so I should be receiving my own mail from the
> maillist however it doesn't come through. I am using gmail and getting
> my mail with a POP client. Has anybody else had this problem?
Allegedly Gmail filters your own posts to mailing lists itself.  I don't
use it myself, so I can't comment further...
Ian H. (Guest)
On 3/22/06, Alex Y. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Stephen B. wrote:
> > I've set my mailman prefs so I should be receiving my own mail from the
> > maillist however it doesn't come through. I am using gmail and getting
> > my mail with a POP client. Has anybody else had this problem?
> Allegedly Gmail filters your own posts to mailing lists itself.  I don't
> use it myself, so I can't comment further...

In my experience, it "archives" your own posts.  That is, they don't
show up in your inbox, but they are there.