Forum: Ruby Ruby HTML Tools - ruby-htmltools Examples

joes (Guest)
I have searched a lot of sites and newsgroups on the best approach to
build a simple screen scraper/HTML parser with Ruby.  I've gone down
the road of using ruby-htmltools (http://bike-nomad.com/ruby/).
However there is a big scarcity of any documentation on this and I was
looking for any examples which anyone may have that I could learn from.
 Thanks.
Joe
Pistos C. (Guest)
on 2006-03-23 16:35
joes wrote:
> Hi,
> I have searched a lot of sites and newsgroups on the best approach to
> build a simple screen scraper/HTML parser with Ruby.  I've gone down
> the road of using ruby-htmltools (http://bike-nomad.com/ruby/).
> However there is a big scarcity of any documentation on this and I was
> looking for any examples which anyone may have that I could learn from.
>  Thanks.
> Joe

You may also consider Rubyful Soup:
http://www.crummy.com/software/RubyfulSoup/
James B. (Guest)
joes wrote:
> Hi,
> I have searched a lot of sites and newsgroups on the best approach to
> build a simple screen scraper/HTML parser with Ruby.  I've gone down
> the road of using ruby-htmltools (http://bike-nomad.com/ruby/).
> However there is a big scarcity of any documentation on this and I was
> looking for any examples which anyone may have that I could learn from.

I use Mechanize to grab content from several Cafe Press sites and
reassemble them into rubystuff.com

http://neurogami.com/cafe-fetcher/

--
James B.