Forum: Ruby on Rails undefined method `respond_to' when using Exception Notifier

Kelly F. (Guest)
I'm trying to use the exception notifier plugin and I'm getting this
error
message:

NoMethodError (undefined method `respond_to' for
#<Adm::PeriodController:0xb74c9804>):
    /vendor/plugins/exception_notification/lib/exception_notifiable.rb:64:in
`render_500'
    /vendor/plugins/exception_notification/lib/exception_notifiable.rb:76:in
`rescue_action_in_public'

Any suggestions? I suspect there is something missing. This project is
stored in cvs and it seems like it got confused by this plugin some how.

Oh. This is the message I see in the production log when I intentionally
generate an uncaught exception.

-Kelly
daniel wiesmann (Guest)
Kelly F. wrote:
> `rescue_action_in_public'

I just ran into the same problem when i installed the plugin today.

Turns out the plugin recently got upgraded, and might be using some
rails v1.1 methods. upgrading would probably fix your problem, though
i have not tried it.
i just used the older version of the plugin, only a couple lines
of code seem to have changed in exception_notifiable.rb.

svn di -r 3570
http://dev.rubyonrails.org/svn/rails/plugins/excep...

    def render_404
-    render :file => "#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/404.html", :status => "404
Not Found"
+    respond_to do |type|
+      type.html { render :file => "#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/404.html",
:status => "404 Not Found" }
+      type.all  { render :nothing => true, :status => "404 Not Found" }
+    end
    end

    def render_500
-    render :file => "#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/500.html", :status => "500
Error"
+    respond_to do |type|
+      type.html { render :file => "#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/500.html",
:status => "500 Error" }
+      type.all  { render :nothing => true, :status => "500 Error" }
+    end
    end

daniel