Forum: Ruby Ruby high on Computer Language Shootout scores!

Isaac G. (Guest)
Now that we're using GZip source code bytes as an indicator of program
size, Ruby is high up on The Computer Language Shootout scores. No
doubt Ruby will be at the top once someone contributes those 2 missing
programs ;-)

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/benchmark.ph...
Conductor (Guest)
on 2006-03-22 04:51
Isaac G. wrote:
> Now that we're using GZip source code bytes as an indicator of program
> size, Ruby is high up on The Computer Language Shootout scores. No
> doubt Ruby will be at the top once someone contributes those 2 missing
> programs ;-)

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/benchmark.ph...

Almost any language can be at the top if you select/deselect various
factors.

With each multiplier set = 1, Ruby appears in the middle of the pack in
the language shootout.  Ruby is still a favorite of mine, but we
shouldn't ignore reality when comparing it to other languages.

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/benchmark.ph...

---

Rails 1.1-RC1 is available!
http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/articles/2006/03/22/...
Isaac G. (Guest)
Conductor wrote:
> factors.

http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/articles/2006/03/22/...

> --

Reality is that on average the Ruby programs on The Computer Language
Shootout are smaller than the programs written in the other languages
(when we use source code GZip bytes as the measure).

I wasn't about to suggest that the Ruby programs are the fastest
programs on The Computer Language Shootout :-)