Forum: Ruby on Rails Migration Rollbacks

John K. (Guest)
Another question about migrations.

When I type:

===========
rake migration VERSION=1
===========

The value in the schema table change to '1' but none of the down
commands are issued to drop the respective tables.  Am I doing
something wrong here?

Thanks :-)

John K.
James L. (Guest)
On 3/21/06, John K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> something wrong here?
Are the drop statements in your migration files for version 2+?  If
they're in your 001 file, then you need to use VERSION=0.

-- James
Pat M. (Guest)
rake migrate VERSION=1

notice it's 'migrate', not 'migration'
John K. (Guest)
For some reason it is working now.  Maybe it was related to my
previous problem.  Thanks.

On 21-Mar-06, at 1:47 PM, James L. wrote:

>> commands are issued to drop the respective tables.  Am I doing
>> something wrong here?
>
> Are the drop statements in your migration files for version 2+?  If
> they're in your 001 file, then you need to use VERSION=0.
>
> -- James

John K.