Forum: Ruby on Rails script/plugin update [plugin_name] broken?

Lance D. (Guest)
on 2006-03-20 22:54
I've created a couple of plugins for use with some internal projects
here and stuck them in their own svn repos.

Then I have other svn-stored projects I want to use the plugins with.
Both the projects and the plugins are updated quite a bit.

So I install the plugin from my project: script/plugin install
http://<path_to_plugin_repo>/<plugin_name>

Then later I commit some changes to the plugin.

So then I go to my project and try to update the plugin: script/plugin
update <plugin_name>

I get: Updating plugin: <plugin_name>

But the source code of the plugin is NOT updated.  What gives?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!
Lance D. (Guest)
on 2006-03-21 18:38
Update: I've found that grab plugins for use with svn-versioned projects
is to either manually use svn externals or run script/plugin install -x
<path> the first time around.

Thanks to James A.s on the engines dev list.