Forum: Ruby on Rails Google AdSense question to Rails community

Leo -. (Guest)
Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if it's right place to ask, but what is your experience
with google adsense? I plan to implement free web service for
community and would like to cover hosting costs. Is adsense worth the
hassle?

olegf
Tom M. (Guest)
I know a few business that use it, and have used it myeslf,
and will use it again in the future.

There's a lot to know, and watch it carefully, but spending
money there will definitely bring traffic.

 From a business perspective, the most critical thing is
conversion rates. You pay when people click, so your site
needs to be very good at signing people up once they show
up.

--
-- Tom M.
Ben R. (Guest)

~ Ben

On 3/20/06, Oleg F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Ben R.
http://www.benr75.com
HH (Guest)
Sounds like you're confusing AdWords and AdSense.

AdWords is if you want to pay to advertise.

AdSense is if you want to *display* ads and get paid.

I use AdSense on a few sites and they are highly targeted and the ads do
really well. Google pays regularly, it's a good setup.
Kenneth L. (Guest)
You may be getting this confused with Adwords.  Adsense is the PPC
where Google (or more correctly, Adwords customers) pays you for
click-throughs on ads hosted on your sites.

It's a cinch to setup, really nothing more than dropping some JS (that
Google provides) into your HTML page.  The important thing is not to
do things like... click your ads.  That'll get you booted from Adsense
in a hurry.

It's not a big money maker but it's low effort to setup, doesn't carry
a negative stigma, and you can blend it into your site design a bit
better than other programs.
Tom M. (Guest)

On Mar 20, 2006, at 2:23 PM, Kenneth L. wrote:

> You may be getting this confused with Adwords.

Yes, you're both right of course.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the
corrections.

--
-- Tom M.