Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Linking two HTML SELECT's together

Hogan, Brian P. (Guest)
Look at observe_field in the API.

Basically, you have a select box with your countries, an observe field
that watches that select box and retrieves a new select box which is
placed in a div that you specify. Really easy actually (and that's why I
love this framework!)
Eleudson Queiroz (Guest)
on 2006-03-20 22:20
Hogan, Brian P. wrote:
> Look at observe_field in the API.
>
> Basically, you have a select box with your countries, an observe field
> that watches that select box and retrieves a new select box which is
> placed in a div that you specify. Really easy actually (and that's why I
> love this framework!)

Brian and Jerrie, we are talking on this subject in the
"Collection_select's linked" topic.

Brian, I tried to use observer_fiel, but I am not obtaining to show to
the list select_tag of first select. How you are making?

Eleudson