Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails and Offline processing

Berlin B. (Guest)
How are you guys handling threads or server processes that have to,
for example, process the data in your application on a periodic basis?

Cron jobs can do it and then run on the database.  But, are there ways
to launch threads within the rails application itself.

I have heard of WebBrick ways, but I am working with lighttpd,
fastcgi?  (textdrive if you are really interested).
Tom M. (Guest)
Look for rails_cron or script/runner.

--
-- Tom M.
Peter F. (Guest)

cron with script/runner.  Or in my case (windows), ScheduledTasks.

Works absolutely perfect!

Don't forget to apply "-e production" to your cron step.

--
Berlin B. (Guest)
Why do you consider it immature?

Because of the revision number?