Forum: Ruby on Rails login_engine

Dorian M. (Guest)
Hello,
I'm having trouble getting login_engine to work properly. I get the
standard login/registration views, but whenever I try to register I get:

NoMethodError in User#signup
undefined method `password_confirmation=' for #<User:0x408b2f9c>

I have login_engine, and engines installed from cvs:
http://opensvn.csie.org/rails_engines/plugins/

anyone else had anything similar or know what I might be doing wrong?

dorian

--
I do things for love or money
Eric G. (Guest)

Do you already have a app/models/user.rb in your main app?
If you do then the engine's user model will not get initiated, and it is
the one with the password_confirmation method in it.

Cheers,
Eric G.

Dorian M. wrote:
> anyone else had anything similar or know what I might be doing wrong?
>
> dorian
>
> --
> I do things for love or money

Eric G.
http://www.ericgoodwin.com
Cody P. Skidmore (Guest)
on 2006-03-20 20:27
I just got the login_engine working.  I tried the salted login engine
plugin  before using login_engine and had to clean out my project
directories before the login_engine could function properly.

You should do as Eric suggests and take a look at files in your project.
If you clean everything out and try re-installing the login_engine it
should deploy property.
Dorian M. (Guest)
sorry,
I just saw the post from 4 days ago, which fixed it for me.
I keep doing that - I'll pay more attention in future.