Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: adding custom cache field

Surendra S. (Guest)
Hello Jong,

"Jong Hian Zin" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

>Hi Surendra,
>
>Thanks for the code. I guess I have to modify rails core, i.e.
>associations.rb associations/association_collection.rb and base.rb to add in
>the code, is that correct?

Nope, you don't need to touch the rails core at all. Just add files in
the lib
folder and paste this code. You will be good to use it.

Ruby has this excellent facility which allows one to add functions to an
already existing class.

When I get more time, I will try putting up a blog entry explaining this
code.

Hope this helps.
--
Surendra S.