Forum: Ruby on Rails How to create a proper name for the diff for the RoR patch?

Leo -. (Guest)
Hello,

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/wiki suggests to:
Create a patch with your changes: svn diff >
my_properly_named_patch.diff
but how this proper name looks like?

olegf
Marcel Molina Jr. (Guest)
On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 10:42:51PM +0200, Oleg F. wrote:
> http://dev.rubyonrails.org/wiki suggests to:
> Create a patch with your changes: svn diff > my_properly_named_patch.diff
> but how this proper name looks like?

Just give it a name that describes what it achieves.

For example:

 acid_migrations_for_databases_that_support_it.diff

marcel
Leo -. (Guest)
Thanks, I've done it :)