Forum: Ruby on Rails testing helpers

Alan B. (Guest)
if I write a generic helper that isn't specific to any one rails
application
or controller, what's the best way to write tests for it? at the moment,
test it by including it in a generic controller in a blank rails app,
and
writing functional tests for the controller. Is that the best approach?
Ludvig Omholt (Guest)
On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 02:07:43PM -0000, Alan B. wrote:
> if I write a generic helper that isn't specific to any one rails application
> or controller, what's the best way to write tests for it? at the moment, I
> test it by including it in a generic controller in a blank rails app, and
> writing functional tests for the controller. Is that the best approach?

There seems to have been some progress helper-testing:

http://nubyonrails.topfunky.com/articles/2006/04/0...

/ludde