Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby startup slow on Windows Server 2003

Larry K. (Guest)
Ruby script/console takes 30-secs  to start on the Windows 2003 servers
in
our shop.  Has anyone found a way to speed that up?  ( I know Linux is
much
faster, but that's not an option, in this case).

--
Best Regards,
-Larry
Larry K. (Guest)

> Ruby script/console takes 30-secs  to start on the Windows 2003 servers in
> our shop.  Has anyone found a way to speed that up?  ( I know Linux is much
> faster, but that's not an option, in this case).

I've  setup another rails testbox runnig 2000 Adv Srvre ( default
install
with service packs and patches).  InstantRails 1.0 .  It takes about 15
seconds to start the console. So it's faster than  Windows 2003 server.
can use this as a temporary solution for some of my development. But, if
anyone has discovered a way to get more speed from 2003 server in
production, and would like to share, that would be really nice.

--