Is anybody else having a problem with the Flickr plugin? I just noticed that my pictures stopped showing up on my blog, http://www.justhack.com. I'm not sure when that happened. I'm running the latest trunk, 923. I looked at the plug-in and it appears that @flickr isn't getting populated. I would like to know if it's just me or is this a problem in general. Thanks, Chris
on 2006-03-18 17:47
on 2006-03-18 20:00
I had that problem for a bit. I would recommend going and getting your own flickr API key ( http://www.flickr.com/services/api/key.gne ). I did that and replaced the value in the environment.rb file (last line in the file) with my key, the flickr photos returned and the prophecy was fulfilled ;-P -Steve http://www.stevelongdo.com
on 2006-03-18 20:18
"Steve L." <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes: > I had that problem for a bit. I would recommend going and getting > your own flickr API key ( http://www.flickr.com/services/api/key.gne > ). I did that and replaced the value in the environment.rb file > (last line in the file) with my key, the flickr photos returned and > the prophecy was fulfilled ;-P I think in this case it's something else; the problem was that I got a bit eager moving stuff from application.rb to content_controller.rb and moved something that the aggregator based sidebars depended on and, because we'd made the mistake of doing: @flickr = check_cache(FlickrAggregation, @sb_config['feed'] rescue nil we weren't even logging the errors. I wonder if there's a case for something like: def evaluate_and_log_error(failure_default = nil) begin yield rescue Exception => e logger.info e failure_default end end and replacing all our 'rescue nil' entries with something along those lines.
on 2006-03-18 22:42
That shouldn't be necessary. The API key is, IIRC, a per-product key, not a per-person key. So using the default key is how Flickr intended this to work.
on 2006-03-25 18:02
This works OK for me after upgrading from trunk 923 to 946 - properly, this time, with "svn update". It also fixed my RSS sidebar problem. Be sure to completely restart the server to see the changes, as emptying the cache did not help.