Forum: Ruby on Rails in_place_editor change request...

Bob H. (Guest)

How do I make a request to the Rails team to include a line something
like:

js_options['savingText'] = %('#{options[:saving_text]}') if options
[:saving_text]

in the in_place_editor method?

script.aculo.us supports the 'savingText' option to control the text
displayed while saving after an in-line edit. Having the ability to
change this is necessary for the localisation of a Rails app that
uses in-line editing.

Thanks,
Bob

----
Bob H.                  -- blogs at <http://www.recursive.ca/
hutch/>
Lori O. (Guest)
On Saturday, March 18, 2006, at 9:24 AM, Bob H. wrote:
>Hi,
>
>How do I make a request to the Rails team to include a line something like:
>
>js_options['savingText'] = %('#{options[:saving_text]}') if
>options[:saving_text]
>
>in the in_place_editor method?

Detailed instructions for submitting a patch can be found here:

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/

>From what I can see, the more complete your patch is (has unit tests,
etc), the faster it will make it into the trunk.

--
Lori O.
http://blog.dragonsharp.com
On Mar 18, 2006, at 1:34 PM, Lori O. wrote:

>> in the in_place_editor method?
>>

> Detailed instructions for submitting a patch can be found here:
>
> http://dev.rubyonrails.org/
>
>> From what I can see, the more complete your patch is (has unit tests,
> etc), the faster it will make it into the trunk.

Thanks Lori, I've just done this (with a patch and unit test no less).

Cheers,
Bob

----