Forum: Ruby Arabic PDF Reports

Tobes (Guest)
Hi there,

I need to be able to generate PDF reports in Arabic using Ruby, does
anyone know of any reporting libraries or tools that will let me do
this?

Some background...

My RubyOnRails application currently generates PDF reports using the
Ruby FPDF Library (http://brian.imxcc.com/fpdf/). Unfortunatley I can't
get this to work with Arabic text so I'm on the lookout for other tools
that may be able to support this.

I'm hosting our Rails application with a company called TextDrive who
uses OpenBSD. I do my development work on a windows machine.

Any help much appreciated.

Tobin
Kouhei S. (Guest)

In <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  "Arabic PDF Reports" on Sat, 18 Mar 2006 22:18:48 +0900,
  "Tobes" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I need to be able to generate PDF reports in Arabic using Ruby, does
> anyone know of any reporting libraries or tools that will let me do
> this?

What about a combination of Ruby/GnomePrint and Ruby/Pango?

I attach two examples:
  * gen-arabic-pdf.rb: a simple example.
    output: http://pub.cozmixng.org/~kou/archives/arabic-sample.pdf

  * gen-m17n-pdf.rb: a general example.