Forum: Ruby ruby 1.8.4 gives warnings where ruby 1.8.2 doesn't - how to

Asfand Yar Q. (Guest)

How do I disable warning output in Ruby?  The servers at work use ruby
1.8.2,
which gives no warning when running some rake / rails scripts.  If I
rsync /
copy those scripts to my ruby 1.8.4 machine and run them there, I get
loads of
warnings.

I don't want to downgrade my beloved Ruby, can anyone tell me how I can
simply
disable those warnings at run-time?

Thanks

--
To reply, take of all ZIGs !!

Alternative email address: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Florian GroÃ? (Guest)
Asfand Yar Q. wrote:

> I don't want to downgrade my beloved Ruby, can anyone tell me how I can
> simply disable those warnings at run-time?

$VERBOSE = nil ought to do it