Forum: Ruby PDF::Writer errors in Rails

Ray (Guest)
Hi, after failing with a ruby gems install, I've just done a manual
install of PDF::Writer (including the dependancies: Transaction::Simple
1.3.0  color-tools 1.3.0) and created the following in a Rails
controller:

require 'pdf/writer'

def pdf_test
  p = PDF::Writer.new
end

and I get the following error: "uninitialized constant PDF"

Anyone know what the problem is?... the installs went fine.

I'm on Mac OS X 10.4.5

Thanks, Ray
Peter F. (Guest)
On 3/17/06, Ray <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> end
> How do the demos in the PDF::Writer install go?  Do they work?
Unit tests?

I'm smelling a path problem on the install.  I'm on windows though, so
path
issues are differnet, but I also toy with Ubuntu and I've been burned on
the
path issue a few times.

Hope that helps.