Forum: Ruby on Rails Design / Pattern / Scaffold for has-and-belongs-to-many ?

Duane (Guest)
on 2006-03-17 17:59
Is there a standard practice for providing a UI into HBTM relationships?
I have a  model User, and a model Training, and I need to manage both
relationships -- show me all the people that have training X, but also
show me all trainings user U has.  And, of course, "Lookup this user and
then add/remove trainings for this person"  or "Lookup this training and
add/remove users".

Before I go creating something from scratch I thought I'd check and see
if there's a standard way that people have been doing it.

Thanks!
François B. (Guest)
Hi !

2006/3/17, Duane <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> Before I go creating something from scratch I thought I'd check and see
> if there's a standard way that people have been doing it.

Take a look at the habtm_helper plugin - it might just be what you
want: https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/habtm_helper_plug...

Announcement here:
http://blog.teksol.info/articles/2005/11/25/habtm-...

Bye !