Forum: Ruby on Rails OT: Subversion folder cleanup

Buntin, Seth - KATE (Guest)
How do you clean up your app folder to place onto the server?  I want to
get rid of all the .svn stuff.

Seth B.
Jeroen H. (Guest)
Buntin, Seth - KATE wrote:
> How do you clean up your app folder to place onto the server?  I want to
> get rid of all the .svn stuff.

I'm no "find" master but you should be able to add some deployment task
to do something like:

find -type d -name .svn -exec rm -rf {}

not tested!!

Or you could just setup your webserver to disallow serving .svn
directories.

Jeroen
Francesc E. (Guest)
Or simply "svn export svn://fooserver/app/trunk app"

Francesc

On Mar 17, 2006, at 3:21 PM, Jeroen H. wrote:

> Or you could just setup your webserver to disallow serving .svn
> directories.
>
> Jeroen

Francesc E.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
François B. (Guest)
Hi !

2006/3/17, Buntin, Seth - KATE <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> How do you clean up your app folder to place onto the server?  I want to get
> rid of all the .svn stuff.

The real answer is you want to export your project, not checkout.

Export makes a regular tree - the tree will NOT be a Subversion working
copy.

Hope that helps !
ChrisT (Guest)
I'm a subversion noob, but I think it's svn export

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/svn-book.html#s...

Chris T
Jeroen H. (Guest)
Francois B. wrote:
> Hope that helps !
Why does Capistrano by default do a checkout I wonder?

Jeroen