Forum: Ruby on Rails Best debugger for Rails on Linux

Doug D. (Guest)
on 2006-03-17 07:24
A quick survey... what's the best gui debugging tool for Rails 1.0 on
Linux that you've used? SW versions?

Personally I've tried FreeRIDE 0.95 and RDT 0.7.0 in Eclipse 3.1.2. Both
are very slow and the latter got quite a few bugs itself.

TIA!
Curt H. (Guest)
On 3/16/06, Doug D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> A quick survey... what's the best gui debugging tool for Rails 1.0 on
> Linux that you've used? SW versions?
>
> Personally I've tried FreeRIDE 0.95 and RDT 0.7.0 in Eclipse 3.1.2. Both
> are very slow and the latter got quite a few bugs itself.

Currently, the fastest GUI debugger is in ArachnoRuby.

Curt
James L. (Guest)
On 3/17/06, Curt H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On 3/16/06, Doug D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > A quick survey... what's the best gui debugging tool for Rails 1.0 on
> > Linux that you've used? SW versions?
> >
> > Personally I've tried FreeRIDE 0.95 and RDT 0.7.0 in Eclipse 3.1.2. Both
> > are very slow and the latter got quite a few bugs itself.
>
> Currently, the fastest GUI debugger is in ArachnoRuby.

Is it a problem that the Linux version is almost a year out-of-date
compared to the Windows version?
Curt H. (Guest)
On 3/17/06, James L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Is it a problem that the Linux version is almost a year out-of-date
> compared to the Windows version?

Sorry, as a Windows user, I'm don't know the answer.

Curt