Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] Substruct Open Source E-Commerce Platform

seth b. (Guest)
Finally it's here :)

The Rails app to do battle with the likes of Miva Merchant and OS
Commerce!

I'm releasing Substruct 0.051 into the wild.

More information here:
http://dev.subimage.com/projects/substruct

Please check it out! I'd love to hear all of your thoughts - and I'm
looking
for contributors!
seth b. (Guest)
PS:

Don't let the version # fool you...this code is running 2 very
high-traffic
production sites plus a few other smaller ones.
Nshbrown N. (Guest)
Excellent work.

I have been using OSCommerce for ages now, and am very pleased to see a
Rails alternative. Now, to get PayPal and Moneris integrated :)

Also, I came across the "Need Help?" on the store page, and seen that
the
contact form is 404'ed.

-Nb

On 3/16/06 2:34 PM, "subimage interactive"

> for contributors!
>
> --
> seth at subimage interactive
> http://www.subimage.com/sublog/

Nathaniel S. H. Brown                        http://nshb.net
Woops forgot to add the route to the production site :)

Fixed now thanks
seth b. (Guest)
All you digg users be sure to digg it as well :)

http://digg.com/programming/Open_Source_Ruby_on_Ra...
Bill G. (Guest)
On 3/16/06, subimage interactive <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> All you digg users be sure to digg it as well :)
>
> http://digg.com/programming/Open_Source_Ruby_on_Ra...

Dugg it, and Reddit
http://programming.reddit.com/search?q=+Open+Sourc...

Bill G. (aka aGorilla)
The best answer to most questions is "it depends".
seth b. (Guest)
Whoah I had a little scare there. The site made it to the front page of
Digg.

I had my MaxClients set to 20 in apache. Bumping it up to 200 helped a
lot
;)

Thanks to everyone who dugg the story!
Anthony Rudgick (Guest)
on 2006-03-18 08:45
subimage interactive wrote:
> Whoah I had a little scare there. The site made it to the front page of
> Digg.
>
> I had my MaxClients set to 20 in apache. Bumping it up to 200 helped a
> lot
> ;)
>
> Thanks to everyone who dugg the story!

i might as well chime in here as well, already hit digg and your site.
i'm going to give this a whirl and see how it stacks up to the
competition, including the nightmare of an e-commerce app i've been
gnawing away at for the last couple of months.

if you need testing/feedback i'll be more than happy to send my thoughts
your way. already joined the google group. i can't wait to see this
really take shape!
Geoff H. (Guest)
My advice if this thing is going to evolve is to keep the core simple,
and
offer add-ons that give extra functionality. Eg shipping, inventory,
payment
processing. The problem with so many opensource eCommerce suites is that
they do everything and some, and many people only want a catalag and
cart,
plus the ability to see orders. All the rest is noise, is therefore
redundant, and that redundant cruft is a barrier to understanding and
usage.

Of course, you can do what you want. Just my opinion after looking at
several eCommerce "solutions" over the years.

Geoff
Scott B. (Guest)
Dugg ;) Nice work!

  _____