Forum: Ruby on Rails how to limit standard layout on action

Zac E. (Guest)
on 2006-03-16 20:38
I have an action/view that I need to return only data (other external
processes query this action/view) but I need the standard_layout
template to be attached to the other actions/views in the same
controller.  ie, the editing of the data in the model needs to include
all the navigation, except one view which should just return a
text/plain output.

  how do I say "include standard_layout on all but this one action/view"
?

thanks
-zaq
Mikkel B. (Guest)
well...

include standard_layout on all but this one action/view"

layout "standard", :except =>"one_action"

now thats almost a  1-to-1 translation...amazing...

more at http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionController/Layout/
ClassMethods.html

On Thursday, March 16, 2006, at 7:38 PM, zac elston wrote:
>thanks
>-zaq
>
>--

Mikkel B.

www.strongside.dk    - Football Portal(DK)
nflfeed.helenius.org - Football News(DK)
ting.minline.dk      - Buy Old Stuff!(DK)
Zac E. (Guest)
on 2006-03-16 21:14
Mikkel B. wrote:
> well...
>
> include standard_layout on all but this one action/view"
>
> layout "standard", :except =>"one_action"
>
> now thats almost a  1-to-1 translation...amazing...

I love beautiful languages.  thanks

-zaq