Forum: Ruby RecordNotFound

Franz Bettag (Guest)
Hi guys,

uhm how to fetch out a RecordNotFound?

i have this here

@new_ipv4 = Ipv4addr.find(IPAddr.new(params[:ipv4addr][:id]).to_i)

but at this line it gives an error RecordNotFound. But this is okay! But
now i want the application to do something special like adding the not
found IPaddr to the database.. But how? since it stops at this line =)

Thanks in advance!
--

Mit freundlichen
Grüßen

____________________________
QS Housing
Franz Bettag
Ludwigstr. 45-47
90402 Nürnberg
http://www.qs-housing.net

Tel: +49 1805 737376 664
Fax: +49 1805 737376 665
Michael G. (Guest)
Try using Ruby's exception handling:

begin
  @new_ipv4 = Ipv4addr.find(IPAddr.new(params[:ipv4addr][:id]).to_i)
rescue
  # Code to add data to database
end

A little more info:

http://www.rubycentral.com/book/tut_exceptions.html
Franz Bettag (Guest)
aaah! Thanks a lot!

Michael G. schrieb:
> http://www.rubycentral.com/book/tut_exceptions.html

--

Mit freundlichen
Grüßen
Franz Bettag

____________________________
QS Housing
Franz Bettag
Ludwigstr. 45-47
90402 Nürnberg
http://www.qs-housing.net

Tel: +49 1805 737376 664
Fax: +49 1805 737376 665
James G. (Guest)
On Mar 16, 2006, at 6:33 AM, Michael G. wrote:

> Try using Ruby's exception handling:
>
> begin
>   @new_ipv4 = Ipv4addr.find(IPAddr.new(params[:ipv4addr][:id]).to_i)
> rescue

The above line would be better as:

rescue ActiveRecord::RecordNotFound

That way it doesn't hide errors we weren't expecting.

>   # Code to add data to database
> end

James Edward G. II