Forum: Ruby Best of Ruby Quiz now available

Dave T. (Guest)
Ruby folk:

Quizmeister James Edward G. II selected the best 25 Ruby Q.zes
from last year, then carefully collected answers and annotated them.
The result is "The Best of Ruby Q.", a wonderful book which will
teach any Ruby programmer new techniques and approaches to coding.

If you want to hone your programming skills, stick to the front part
of the book and enjoy challenging yourself solving the quizzes. And,
once you've done that, turn to the solutions section in the back for
an in-depth discussion of the answers. These cover more than just an
analysis of the approach taken. As well, you'll find descriptions of
optimization techniques, test-driven development, algorithm
selection, and even how to write programs that cheat.

Check it out at http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/fr_quiz

Thanks

Dave

(oh, and I happen to think it's one of our nicer looking covers, too...)
Ryan L. (Guest)
Yes, that is great cover.

I just want to start the thanks to JEGII for all the work he does on
Ruby Q. (and lots of other things in this community.) I'm really not
sure how he finds time to do all he does, and in fact now that this
book is out maybe he can write a time management book ;)

Regards,
Ryan
Bill K. (Guest)
From: "Ryan L." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

> I just want to start the thanks to JEGII for all the work he does on
> Ruby Q. (and lots of other things in this community.) I'm really not
> sure how he finds time to do all he does, and in fact now that this
> book is out maybe he can write a time management book ;)

Haha, yes!!  Seconded (on all counts)!

Regards,

Bill
Christian N. (Guest)
Dave T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> Ruby folk:
>
> Quizmeister James Edward G. II selected the best 25 Ruby Q.zes
> from last year, then carefully collected answers and annotated them.
> The result is "The Best of Ruby Q.", a wonderful book which will
> teach any Ruby programmer new techniques and approaches to coding.

I just received my free copy (I provided a solution to Quiz #9) and
I'd like to thank you, your team and James for your generosity.

Thanks a lot,
James G. (Guest)
On Mar 21, 2006, at 5:14 AM, Christian N. wrote:

> I'd like to thank you, your team and James for your generosity.
There wouldn't be a Ruby Q. without all the wonderful people who
discuss and solve them, not to mention the heros that give me enough
material to keep it going.  My thanks are to all of you!

James Edward G. II