Forum: Ruby on Rails Where are the session objects stored in the filesystem on th

Daniel Teng (Guest)
Using all default options, where would I find the session objects on the
server side in the file system?

Thanks
Daniel
Jennyw J. (Guest)
Hi, Daniel,

Daniel Teng wrote:
> Using all default options, where would I find the session objects on
> the server side in the file system?

Check /tmp. You can change where this stuff is stored, including storing
sessions in the database. Here's an article on it:

http://weblog.textdrive.com/article/196/on-rails-sessions
Daniel Teng (Guest)
Thanks Jenny, that link was really helpful.  I was trying to figure out
how many session objects were being left around and couldn't find them.
Now that I have the article you sent to me, I'll give the
ActiveRecordStore a try as well.

Regards
Daniel