Forum: Ruby Why's Poignant Guide site down?

Mark V. (Guest)
Why's Poignant Guide has been unavailable for at least the last couple
of days. Does anyone know if that has been moved somewhere else? I'm
trying http://poignantguide.net/ruby/.
Karl von Laudermann (Guest)
Mark V. wrote:
> Why's Poignant Guide has been unavailable for at least the last couple
> of days. Does anyone know if that has been moved somewhere else? I'm
> trying http://poignantguide.net/ruby/.

That's weird... I've been reading the Guide in the past few days. I
guess Firefox has been just showing me a locally cached version! Now
that I try to reload the page, I get an error.
Dirk M. (Guest)
_why's blogs have also been down, i guess it's a hobix problem

2006/3/14, Karl von Laudermann <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
Bil K. (Guest)
Mark V. wrote:
> Why's Poignant Guide has been unavailable for at least the last couple
> of days. Does anyone know if that has been moved somewhere else? I'm
> trying http://poignantguide.net/ruby/.

I've been having DNS problems with his sites for the last month
or so.  Sometimes my DNS can resolve them, sometimes it can't.
(I've noticed this on at least two different ISPs.)

Later,
unknown (Guest)
Quoting Dirk M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:

> _why's blogs have also been down, i guess it's a hobix problem

As far as I can tell, it's a general server problem.

Unfortuately, this had to happen while _why was on the road for
SXSW, so there's only so much he can do about it remotely...

-mental
mikshir (Guest)
I've been wondering why I haven't been able to access this in the past
few days myself.  Been struggling to find a mirror to no avail either.
Hope it gets resolved soon.
Dirk M. (Guest)
if anyone is _really_ eager for the poignant guide, send me an e-mail,
i'll
send you a pdf