Forum: Ruby on Rails ActionMailer - help!

hreyaatnh (Guest)
on 2006-03-14 19:58
I want to send myself an email when someone comments on my site.  I
setup actionmailer in the environment.rb file, but how do I actually
send an email?  Is it right after "post.save" or something?  If so,
what's the syntax?

Thanks for any help.
Dave T. (Guest)
You will want to send the email after post.save since you only want to
send notifications once the transaction completes successfully.

As for syntax, checkout http://am.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionMailer/
Base.html

On Tuesday, March 14, 2006, at 6:58 PM, hreyaatnh wrote:
>Rails mailing list
>removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Cheers!
--Dave T.