Forum: Ruby on Rails acts_as_paranoid and :include

Ian C. (Guest)
Will the find from acts_as_paranoid filter down to an :include?

For instance

class parent
acts_as_paranoid
has_many: children
end

and

class child
acts_as_paranoid
belongs_to :parent
end

Then if you

Parent.find(:all, :include => children)

you will get all the children if they are deleted or not. I guess the
find
that filters out the deleted_at is null does not filter down to the
includes
like this.
Rick O. (Guest)
On 3/14/06, Ian C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> that filters out the deleted_at is null does not filter down to the includes
> like this.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ian C.

Nope.

has_many :children, :conditions => "deleted_at IS NULL"

--
Rick O.
http://techno-weenie.net