Forum: Ruby on Rails Dreamhost and fcgi....help!

Chris S. (Guest)
on 2006-03-14 03:37
I've got my app running under cgi, but I keep getting pwned by fcgi.

- app is installed at www.mydomain.com
- web root is www.mydomain.com/public (this works w/ regular cgi)
- /public has correct permissions
- .htaccess: rewrite rule changed to use .fcgi
- shebang on dispatch.fcgi and dispatch.rb is set to #!/usr/bin/ruby1.8
(also tried just ruby)
-environment.rb : running in prod

Any ideas? o_O
Dan S. (Guest)
You don't say that you've got execute permissions on dispatch.*.. do
you?

Also, I had some issues on DH that could only be fixed by "kill -9"ing
the dispatch.fcgi processes.

Finally, to keep my site stable I had to add one of these to my crontab:

*/10  * * * *      /usr/bin/curl http://www.direct-debit.com.au/blah
-o /dev/null --stderr /dev/null

(where /blah is a path that is NOT cached)

HTH,

Dan
www.peoplehub.com.au
Dan S. (Guest)
That crontab was supposed to be one line, not two...
Chris S. (Guest)
on 2006-03-14 04:15
I also did a 755 on dispatch*...no joy
François B. (Guest)
2006/3/13, Chris S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> I also did a 755 on dispatch*...no joy

I have this issue with DreamHost too.  Sometimes I simply have to wait
a while before the app will restart.  This is a problem.  Wait half an
hour and try again.

Bye !
Chris S. (Guest)
on 2006-03-14 15:56
You're right. I tried my app today and it's running fine. That was still
really frustrating...